Making Mac and Cheese in a Mug Is the Secret to Happiness
No magic abilities required
by CheeseRank StaffJuly 14th, 2015
As we've documented, mac and cheese can take on many forms. You can stuff it in things, stuff things into it, and of course make it with hundreds (thousands, millions?!) of different cheese combinations.
Obviously there's a cheese combination for everyone, but is there a mac and cheese for everyone? Well, if there wasn't, there is now.
This recipe is simple, but big on flavor. It's easy enough for kids to make, yet clever enough for adults looking to sneak mac and cheese around the office. Simply put, it's perfect.
CheeseRank's Mug Mac and Cheese
- ½ cup pasta (any shape will do, but we used good ol' elbow macaroni)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup Gruyere cheese
- ¼ cup smoked gouda
- Optional toppings: ketchup, bread crumbs, crushed red pepper
- Combine pasta and water in the mug (Note: you’ll want to use a larger mug to ensure the boiling water doesn’t overflow).
- Heat for two minutes, then stir.
- Repeat the process until noodles reach desired texture.
- Remove from the microwave, add milk and cheese, and stir.
- Let cool slightly, then enjoy!